MVision AI is experiencing ongoing and rapid growth within the health service sector globally. The company is delighted to announce that we have successfully been awarded the tender from the Republic of Irelands Health Service Executive (HSE) for the installation of our Contour+ auto contouring solution at Cork University Hospital.
"MVision AI are truly delighted to have been selected as the preferred supplier of an AI auto contouring system to Cork University Hospital. This will be the first deployment of our Guideline Based Contour+ solution via our Cloud service within this country," says Stewart Pegrum, MVision AI's Vice President of Global Sales.
The procurement was undertaken via a national EU tender process, which was published on 3rd February 2023 Each tender applicant was evaluated on Qualitative Selection Criteria including; Economic and Financial Standing, Technical and Professional Ability and Quality Assurance Standards.
Tenders that achieve the minimum requirements set out in the Qualitative Selection Criteria were then evaluated to determine which presented the most economically advantageous tender using the award criteria below:
Project Management & Installation (5%)
Primary Requirements (5%)
Functional Requirements (10%)
Clinical Requirements (25%)
ICT Technical Requirements (10%)
Service & Support (5%)
Training & Documentation (5%)
As part of the clinical requirements sample delineations for a selection of structures were requested for evaluation purposes from the Tenderers. These were reviewed by the tender panel that was made up of Medical Physicists, Radiation Oncologists, Radiation therapists and HSE procurement representatives.
"We recently started SABR Lung treatments and expect to introduce SABR Liver and SRS treatments in the near future. We hope MVision will help us to standardize contouring in line with best practice guidelines and reduce the time spent delineating patient datasets by approximately 50%," says Mr. Michael Roche, Principal Physicist, Medical Physics Department in Cork University Hospital.
MVision AI's interests in the UK and Ireland are represented by our longstanding distributor, Xiel, which specializes in providing solutions for Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy, and Diagnostic Radiology.
"We are delighted that CUH have selected MVision AI as their solution for auto contouring, this was a very stringent process with much interaction and this award demonstrates the robust capabilities of Contour +", says Phil Neale, Xiel's Key Account Consultant in Radiotherapy Physics.
About MVision AI
MVision AI is an innovative software service provider for radiotherapy treatment planning. Our AI-powered automatic segmentation tool, Contour+, helps to standardize contouring and automate segmentation to streamline the radiotherapy treatment planning workflow.
- MVision AI is the AI-powered radiotherapy planning solution for treating cancer;
- MVision AI uses artificial intelligence to automate cancer treatment planning with its unique guideline-based AI contouring – Contour+;
- MVision AI announced the new guideline-based automatic segmentation service Contour+ release version 1.2.4 ;
- MVision AI's Contour+ has been officially recommended by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) for use within the NHS, alongside several other AI auto-contouring tools;
- MVision AI process a staggering 2750 scans per month, translating to nearly a quarter of all radiotherapy patients in the UK benefiting from Contour+;
- The next-generation technology speeds up the entire cancer treatment process, significantly reducing treatment planning time from weeks to days;
- According to information from the Irish Cancer Society, cancer is the leading cause of death in Ireland: an estimated 44,000 people in Ireland are diagnosed with cancer each year ;
- The scalable platform enables the improvement of cancer treatments worldwide. Contour+ has already been used in treating over 170,000 cancer patients in 16 countries.
- MVision.ai – Press Release: MVision AI launches Contour+ auto-contouring to facilitate standardization and shorten time to treatment for cancer radiotherapy
- MVision.ai – Exciting News: AI Auto-Contouring Recommended by NICE for Radiotherapy in the NHS!
- Irish Cancer Society – Cancer statistics
About Cork University Hospital (CUH)
Currently Cork University Hospital (CUH) treats c.2000 patients annually. At present, the majority of volume delineation is a time-consuming process and is manually performed by CUH's 7 Consultant Radiation Oncologists who may be assisted at times by other staff members including Dosimetrists or Radiation Therapists. A new radiotherapy facility was opened in 2019.
Xiel is a specialist distributor of medical technologies in the UK and Ireland. We work with global leading solution providers; therefore, continuously improving efficiency and quality for our customers. Our partners research and develop highly specific products for what is often a small world market. The expertise of Xiel lies in our deep understanding of the structure and organisation of radiotherapy departments in the UK and Ireland, for us to advise on the best solutions possible. Xiel. Exceptional Products. Extraordinary Service. Everyday.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/mvision-ai-is-selected-to-provide-its-contour-solution-by-the-republic-of-irelands-health-service-executive-hse-for-its-first-installation-in-the-country-112890328