Achieving Cyber essentials certification reassures our customers that we secure our IT against a cyber attack and gives us a clear picture of our organisation’s cyber security level as well as reducing the risk of our organisation becoming a victim. This also enables us to also work with more Government contracts that require Cyber Essentials certification.
Obtaining this certification demonstrates our commitment to providing exemplary quality of service to our customers and maintaining the accreditation will require continuous improvement and assessment of the cyber security risks that all businesses face today.
Why did CCS gain Cyber Essentials Certification?
Obtaining Cyber Essentials was key to us as it sets out the five controls which we implemented to strengthen our cyber defences:
- Use a firewall to secure our internet connection (Office Firewalls and Internet Gateways)
- Choose the most secure settings for our devices & software (Secure Configuration).
- Control who has access to our data and services (User Access Control)
- Protect ourselves from viruses and other malware (Malware Protection)
- Keep our devices and software up to date (Software Patch Management)
What are the benefits to our customers, our suppliers, and to CCS?
We rely on digital offerings and services as part of our day to day business, but where there is information technology there is an element of information security risk. We will at some time come under some form of threat from cyber criminals. Cyber Essentials will give us protection against a wide variety of the most common cyber-attacks.
Our Cyber Essentials certification will:
- Give us a clear picture of our organisation’s cyber security posture.
- Reassure our customers that we are working to secure our IT against cyber attacks.
- Reduce the risk of our organisation becoming a victim of a cyberattack.
- Show our customers that we care about the security of their information.
- Attract new businesses with the assurance we have the correct cyber security measures in place.
- Present more business opportunities since some Government contracts require Cyber Essentials certification.
Source :Cyber Consultancy Services (CCS) Limited
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.